Ok, so broken record here. I have not been as disciplined as I would like. I really need to buckle down. But in June I had a 3-day conference so I was busy before/after with meeting preparations and AV was with the sitter every other day. And I don't know if the sitter is as consistent with the potty.
AV seems to be degressing, and only goes pee once every 4 or 5 times I try. But, like I said in the earlier post, she simply doesn't use the bathroom as much anymore. I change her diaper maybe twice a day.
Should I be grateful she still goes on the potty once every couple tries? I'm not so sure, because a few minutes after getting off the potty her diaper will be soiled. I try not to scold.
I still don't know if she has made the connection in her head of what pee is and why it goes in the toliet, and whether or not she can hold her bladder. I have to keep reminding myself that at 17 months, she seems/looks older and more mature than she developmentally is. I feel like I expect her to have the cognative development of a 3 or 4 yr old already--mostly because when I see her playing with older kids she seems to fit right in.
I am going to introduce the concept of bribery. Will a marshmellow reward do the trick? Thus far in her life, we have not rewarded any behavior with treats (just praise) so we'll see. I could regret this!
0 comments:
Post a Comment