Amaryllis continues to do well and she will turn 2 this week. I feel like potty training is over now. I suspect we won't tackle the sleep-wetting until she is in a big girl bed.
The past week I have let her be in charge of coming to get me. And she does, every time so far (knock on wood). She really only needs to go once every 4 hrs which amazes me.
She comes careening around the corner shouting POTTY! It's cute.
As for pooh, she tells me now too. Lollypops have been a huge reward and incentive. She has not gone pooh in her undies in a long time (since Christmas) except for a small accident in her pull-up during Nursery, in which she did go tell the teacher but I don't think they made it in time. She finished up at home that evening.
I still put a pull-up on her during Nursery and long car trips just to be safe. Other than that, she is in undies every day except during sleep.
She has not gone pooh in her crib (she wears a pullup at nap) since I started asking her not to. This came about because she had an explosive pooh episode where poop actually got all over her crib sheets and in the grooves of her crib. Imagine me with my large pregnant belly trying to clean that up. I was so mad. I made a big deal while cleaning it up and made her watch and kept saying ewww yucky. Then she had to watch her beloved special puppy go in the washing machine and THAT really was punishment for her.
So now, when I lay her down before nap, I say "remember pooh goes in the potty not in your crib, ewww, yucky" and she says OK. That amazes me---all I had to do was ask and she stopped doing it during naptime. I really underestimate this child.
Still working on using a normal toilet seat instead of a trainer seat. She freaks out though and says she is going to fall.
Everyone tells me she is going to regress when the new baby comes, so I'm mentally preparing myself just in case it's true.
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Month 3 - Update
Posted by Emily Bartlett at 12:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment