Monday, February 8, 2010

Slight Regression?

The past 4 days, Amaryllis has had one wet accident per day. All 4 of these occurred around dinner time. I am partially to blame. I know she should go to the bathroom about 3 hrs after she wakes up from nap. But I just can't seem to remember to take her! Allow me to blame my 9-month pregnant belly but "lazy" is now my middle name.

I had hopes she would come get me (she has been doing that recently so I've begun to rely on it). But alas, the past 4 days she comes after the incident has already soiled her undies.

PS: I'm still grateful for the training undies that give extra absorbency. Nothing even gets on her pants and there are no puddles on the floor.

I am wondering if the birthday (she is now 2 yrs old!) and the new toys have some role to play in this. Is it really so hard to tear yourself away from new toys? Apparently so.

Also, the past 4 days, she has been SO DEFIANT and throws a fit when I tell her to go sit on the toliet. This only happens at home. But this has been the case with other things as well (putting on her shoes, putting on her socks, time to go to bed). Are we entering the terrible twos? Maybe. I'm just glad we've got the bulk of potty training done before this little tantrum phase emerged. Phew!

She continues to be very good in public restrooms. Even with pooping. She pooped at my office and at the church--it takes about 15 minutes and a few good books--but nonetheless, she has not had poop-undies in a long time. I'm so grateful because cleaning up that kind of mess is the worst.

She wears a pullup during nap, during Nursery on Sundays just in case, during long car trips, and at night. The rest of the times she wears undies.

0 comments: