Amaryllis has done really well this week. She continues to be an excellent public restroom user! It is so much easier to get her to go while we are doing errands. I make her go every hour (or every store that we go into). We have found our groove and it doesn't take me near as long, and I don't feel so rushed. We are in/out within 3-5 minutes. Although it is gross how she touches everything (like the little trashcans for feminine waste, eww) but hand sanitizer solves that.
At home, there are times when she is happy to sit on the potty. Then there are times where she does not want to be interrupted and throws a fit. I try not to force her. Sometimes she pees a lot, sometimes it is just a little but I can usually coax her to get quite a bit out. If she ever has an accident inn her undies, it is just a little and then she runs to the bathroom.
Lately (towards the end of her 2nd week in undies) she has even run to the potty on her own while calling my name. She can hold it until she gets there...exciting! She is still too little to get off her pants or lift herself onto the potty, so I always have to help her. But I don't mind. I know some potty books say if they can't do this themselves then they aren't ready, but it isn't a problem for us. As for pooping, we still haven't figured that out.
Probably the worst day of potty training so far was the day she pooped in her undies at the park. Thanks goodness I have a big flat trunk that I could lay her down in. It was hard getting the undies off without smearing it down her leg. That was probably the only time I've had one of those "why did I do this" thoughts. But, you deal with it and move on. I liken it to having a blow-out when they are newborns: you are flustered, it's messy, you somehow get through it, and are more prepared next time.
Other than that poopy mess, she just holds it up for 2-3 days & goes during naptime in her pullups. Kind of nice, but not sure where we go from here. I guess we'll just see how it pans out. On our trip to the beach this weekend (2 hr drive) I put a pullup on her b/c I knew we didn't want to stop and I figured she wouldn't tell me if she had to go. I rarely use pull-ups because I tend to not be as diligent if I know she has one one. But to my surprise, she stayed dry the whole time in the car! I've also found her to be dryer after naps and night time.
Her diaper used to weigh like 2 lbs every morning but lately it is not so full. By the end of this 2nd week, she maybe has 1-2 small accidents per day (I say small and mean just a little pee in her undies before she catches it. Not enough to even soak the undies and definitely not enough to soak her pants or drip down her leg). She sits on the potty for about 1 minute and is much more efficient at taking care of business. This is much nicer than the 5-6 minute sessions she was doing last week.
All in all, this week was way easier than last week. I don't have to constantly remind her and we are settling into a routine. Yes, it is still an effort for me to stay on my toes, but not near like those first couple days.
And it is soo nice not to go through diapers or have to change so many! Especially now that she doesn't poo as much...awesome!
(The only sad thing is that I feel like she is waaaay more mature and grownup within the last 2 wks. Where's muh little baby gurl???)
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Second Week of Undies
Posted by Emily Bartlett at 7:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment