We are now in the 4th week of potty training (I think...it all seems to blur together).
By the 3rd week of undies something just clicked with Amaryllis, and we have not had a wet accident in over a week. The first day Amaryllis stayed dry was quite a nice pat-on-the-back for me, but I thought it was a fluke. Then she did it again the next few days and I realized that she just gets it now.
However, may I say during the 3rd week it is with me being the one to initiate going to the potty. I take her about once every hour.
More recently, the past few days, she comes running to me saying POTTY and so it is nice that she has taken the initiative to come tell me.
Thus, everything seems to come in stages. We rarely have anymore cry-fits when I sit her on the potty because she is learning to just pee and get it over with. It takes less than 1 minute. In hindsight, I realize I was forcing her to go too often, and sit on there too long during weeks 1 & 2. But who's to say that hurt or helped?
POOP: We have had a few success on the potty. We've had many accidents in the undies. We've mostly had poopy pull-ups during nap. Or she just doesn't poop for 2-3 days which is fine with me!
Poop in the undies is gross. That's all I can say about that. There's not really an easy way to clean it either.
She does get concerned and tell me she needs to poop, but when I put her on the potty she is impatient and won't wait around. So off she goes and within 5 minutes she's either back on the potty again (but still too impatient or uncomfortable to go), or back off and has gone in her pullup/undies.
All in all, we really don't worry about her wetting her undies anymore and it is a GOOD feeling! She can hold it up to 3-4 hrs (car trips or church). She still loves to go in public restrooms.
Now our main focus is getting her to consistently poop in the toilet. We are on the right track (she is verbal and tells us she has to go), we just need her to have patience and sit there!
I feel like potty training was really easy. Then I remind myself those first few days were exhausting. But it's funny how quickly you forget once you are reaping the benefit.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
3rd Week is a Charm
Posted by Emily Bartlett at 9:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment