Sunday, December 6, 2009

Broke Our 9-Day Streak

Well we were doing so well and didn't have a single wet accident for quite awhile.

Then mom got lazy.

I'll take full blame. We were at a church Christmas party and I kept thinking I should take her, but then I thought "no she'll come tell me". She was quite wrapped up in her own little world and did not come get me. I only realized it when she walked over to me, all wide-legged with her legs straddled-like, and a very concerned expression on her face.

Let me tell you she was SOAKED. I realize now that her previous wet accidents weren't really even accidents (just little leaks). This completely soaked everything, dribbled down her legs, soaked her socks, etc.

And apparently pee burns because when I was wiping her legs it was stinging her. Her legs had a red rash the next day.

Bad mom. She had to walk around pantless like a white-trash redneck baby the rest of the party.

Anyways. We are back on track and I'm going to be more diligent when we are at events where it is easy to forget.

Also I did want to record that I love the Potette Plus portable potty. We have 2 other toilet seats for our bathrooms and I wish I would've just gotten Potettes for those ones as well. It is just so much smaller and can fold up nicely. Doesn't seem as cushy for the kid, but whatev.

I also want to say that the flushable wipes are quite useful, so have those on hand too.

And last but not least, surprisingly the Target pullups are even better then the name brand. They have a nice little velcro strip along the side so that, should the toddler poop in there, it is easier to undo instead of having to tear it. Keep in mind I don't use pullups as longterm diapers so I'm not sure how they fare on absorbency, but for the stage we are at I like them. Go Targy.

PS: Home Depot still wins at having the nicest, roomiest, cleanest bathroom. So sad that I have resorted to rating pottys all over Cary, but trust me we have visited them all.

0 comments: