Well I had to document this, the day Amaryllis experienced her FiRst wEdGie. A First Wedgie only happens once in your life, so it is important enough to write down.
Up until today, she has been wearing training panties which are more boy-cut and have some extra cushion in the bum.
But this morning, she noticed a pair of regular undies that I had been trying to hide (they are thin and not as absorbent, so I was hiding them until wet accidents weren't as often).
Being the upcoming 2 yr old that she is, lately she has gotten very picky about what she wears and SHE wants to pick things out. It's very annoying and I don't know how much longer I'll fight her on it.
Anyways, so she got to wear her her first big-girl undies. And by the way, these are not the white tighty granny pantys that we all grew up with (you know, the ones that go up to your belly button and down halfway to your thigh for maximum coverage). Apparently they don't make those things anymore. All toddler undies nowadays are slightly bikini-cut in style. Scandalous, I know.
I suppose because of the cut/style, that's why it hasn't happened until now. I noticed her walking towards me in that bow-legged, straddling weird walk with a grimace on her face, and I thought she had an accident. She kept saying "hurt" and pointing to her bum.
I checked her and, sure enough. Full on major wedgie. It made me laugh so hard.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
First Wedgie
Posted by Emily Bartlett at 10:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment