Early this morning AV woke up screaming (at 6am). Weird. She has always been a fabulous sleeper. I left her there for a few minutes hoping she would fall asleep, but then the crying turned pitiful. I actually had to go in there and hold/comfort her, then she fell asleep. That's the first time I've done that since she was a newborn. I hope she isn't coming down with something...
I won't lie, the first thing I thought when I heard her crying was: Omg, I totally screwed up her mind with this potty training stuff and now she won't sleep! I've heard kids are restless when they hit developmental milestones. Guess we'll see.
Attempt 1: I didn't think she needed to go b/c she didn't drink much this morning, but I tried anyways. I let her sit for about 3 min (that's my limit so far) and I was sad she didn't pee. But when I took her off the potty I noticed she was wet...so I guess she went a few sprinkles & I just didn't notice?
Attempt 2, 30 minutes later: Dry diaper. Nothing.
Attempt 3: After running errands for 1 hour, she still had a dry diaper from this morning so I rushed her to the potty. After a minute, she went a teeny teeny sprinkle. I almost called it quits after that, but let her sit for a few more minutes then....PEE! Shaa-wing! I'm glad I let her sit those extra minutes. Total time was approximately 4-5 minutes.
Attempt 4, after nap: I couldn't get to her in time, she went in her diaper
Attempt 5,6: nothing, dry diaper
Attempt 7: Pee! It took about 3 minutes
Attempt 8,9: Dry diaper still. Let her sit for a few minutes. Nothing.
Attempt 10: Caught her pooing, ran to the pottie, finished. She kept pushing me away like she didn't want me in there. Not sure if that counts as a success since she only half pood, but whatev.
Summary: I had a few success today, only used 2 diapers (re-used the diapers if she was dry), and she is more relaxed on the pottie. If I hadn't been successful, I would probably be feeling down and not try as hard tomorrow. But since I know she can do it, I'll stick with it for another day. However, the whole undressing thing is getting old!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Day 3: I'll keep trying even though she's out of sorts
Posted by Emily Bartlett at 6:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment