Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 6: In which mom fails to follow through

Man, I don't know how people potty train with more than 1 child. So far this has been pretty easy but it just takes so much forethought and thinking ahead. I should set a timer for myself or something.

I can't imagine how some mom's do it with younger babies also needing attention, or if the child you are trying to potty train is stubborn. I've heard some moms have sat there for up to 20-30 minutes waiting for the little person to pee. My hats off to them, I couldn't be that patient.

Today I blatantly ignored AV's best cue ever. She sat there and pointed to her bum and whined. This was a first, but neglectful mom was busy getting ready for a meeting so I had to ignore her. I felt bad and hope she will continue to show me cues like that--however after my shameful display we'll see.

That being said, she did pee once today (out of the 3 attempts we made). She does best right after a nap and I know she has to go. On and off in about 2 minutes or less. As for the other times throughout the day, it's a guessing game on my part.

As for poo, she tried tried tried to do it on the potty! I give her an A for effort. But, we have started introducing whole milk (since she is almost 1) and that seems to have done some funky stuff with her bowel movements. So, she is a bit "stopped up" and couldn't quite do the job. I'll have to give her some apple juice or prunes tomorrow to help her out.

0 comments: