We were really busy. I mostly tried after naps because that is when I get the best results. Even if she played in her crib awhile, she still will hold it. So she regularly goes at least 1 or 2 times per day.
We are out running errands when she isn't napping, so I really don't have many opportunities to try the potty. And I'm certainly not gungho enough to bring it to a public restroom.
And she did pee on the carpet once when I was letting her crawl around before bath. I had just given her the opportunity to use the potty too. So maybe this means she doesn't mentally make the connection? Or have the control? Or doesn't care?
I think at this point I have these options:
A) keep with what I'm doing and settle for 1 or 2 times per day. At least this keeps her familiar with the potty without inconveniencing me. However when she is older & I try for reals, will this make her think that it is "optional" and she can go sometimes in the potty and sometimes in her diaper? Not sure.
B) stay at home for a day or 2 and try every hour. Straight to undies cold turkey. I've heard that works. But looking at my calendar I don't see it happening in the near future.
I will have to think about this.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Week 2: Last part of the week
Posted by Emily Bartlett at 7:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment